- What is CoSchedule, anyways?
- Add Social Profiles
- Invite Your Team
- Get To Know Your Calendar
- Schedule Your First Content
- Manage Tasks and Comments on the Dashboard
CoSchedule is an easy drag-and-drop marketing calendar that allows you to plan, create, and promote your marketing content all in one place. It saves you time and helps you grow your audience through smart marketing plans and efficient team collaboration.
Organize Your Strategy - See Your Entire Marketing Schedule At A Glance
Create a unified workflow for every project with CoSchedule’s drag + drop calendar. Sync your teams inside a collaborative, cross-functional calendar for social, content, email, events, and more.
Create & Collaborate - Move Projects Forward With Team Workflows
Easily collaborate on projects, assign tasks, add comments, and meet your project deadlines. With custom workflows, your team stays accountable, and you get projects done!
Promote Effortlessly - Social Media Scheduling Without Stress
Build the perfect social schedule directly in your calendar. Stop wasting time jumping from one tool to the next -- keep your social + content in one place.
Measure Results - Gain Insight Through Powerful Analytics
Gain powerful insight into your team’s overall progress in one report, so you can focus driving productivity and meeting your deadlines NOT scouring the calendar for status updates.
Enough of the talking, let us get started with CoSchedule!
Select the calendar you wish to associate the social media account(s) with, and navigate to the Settings > Social Profiles section.
You can add as many social profiles as your current calendar plan allows. To connect a social profile to CoSchedule, make sure you are logged into that profile then click the correct Connect button.
Insert the team member's email and choose their role. As soon as you're finished click Invite.
Until this invite is accepted, they will appear on Team page as Pending.
The first thing to learn about your new CoSchedule calendar is the basic features that show up on your calendar view.
1. Task and Notifications. View how many notifications and tasks are currently available on your account. To manage your notifications and tasks, go to the Dashboard. Also, click here to get to your Account Settings.
2. Filter Content. Filter any content on your calendar using CoSchedule's filtering.
3. Date Navigation. Navigate through your calendar. Choose specific date frames chosen through your Calendar Settings or specific months.
4. Calendar Search. Search for any content inside of your calendar. Find old or specific content with advanced search.
5. Create Content. Create content or social messages on your calendar. Know a specific date you want to schedule your content? Hover over that date and the + will appear to schedule any of your content
7. Unscheduled Content. CoSchedule is all about scheduling your content. Do not have a day set for a specific piece of content you are working on? Move it to the Unscheduled Content box to save for later. (Also good for collecting ideas.)
8. Need Help? The help center gets you to one of our helpful support members or takes you to our extensive knowledge base.
Like we talked about earlier, CoSchedule is all about scheduling your content. Now it is time to start creating that content. What do you want to make first?
To get started working with your first Social Campaign, click the + icon on the date you want your post to be scheduled on. Then click Social Campaign when the "Create New" window opens.
Pick a title for your Social Campaign you want for your post then click Continue. Do not worry, you can always change the title later. After, your "Social Campaign" window will open. Make sure your standalone content post is in the Published state or your social media posts will not post.
Scheduling Messages For Any URL
Click on the Link icon in your "Social Campaign" then add the URL to your published blog post in the URL field. CoSchedule will grab a title, excerpt, and all the images from your blog. You will then be able to choose the default image to show up on your social messages and edit your excerpt accordingly.
Now you can begin to start scheduling your social media messages for this campaign. CoSchedule will pull images from your blog post to accompany your social posts when they are scheduled.
For more information on creating social messages, check out Create a Social Message.
Note: Do you have a certain schedule that you like to stick to when you are planning your social media for a blog post? With CoSchedule's Social Templates, you can save that schedule and quickly add it to promote your blog posts in just a couple clicks!
Use CoSchedule's content, along with tasks and notifications, to manage all of your Marketing Projects. After you manage the types of content that appear on your calendar, schedule your project by creating a piece of content.
Once your Content is created, there are a few things to look at. Let us get started.
1. Content Editor. Choose which type of editor you want to use for this project. The Text Editor helps you create content or notes for your project. Depending on a team member's role, they can manage and edit this content at any time. Upload any type of file to the project using the file editor. Want version tracking? The CoSchedule file editor does it for you. Do you use WordPress, Google Docs, or Evernote? Add any Google Doc or Evernote Note to the specific project to manage.
2. Manage Workflow With Tasks and Task Templates
Your task menu will appear on the right-hand side of your content along with your content comments and contributors.
Click on the New Task field to open the dialogue. Enter the text for your task. You may also assign the task to any team member on your calendar or set a finish time for the specific task.
The due date can be relative, meaning that you can select a date based on the publishing of the post (e.g. one day before, a week before, etc.). This way, if the posts are moved on the calendar, the task due date will automatically adjust for the team member. However, you can also select a hard custom date.
Got a workflow you use all the time? Create task templates to apply to your blog posts to save time and streamline your workflow.
3. Comments. Comment and create a conversation for your team as your work through your first project. Any comment made will send a notification to all team members that are added as contributors, to make sure all of your project members are on the same page.
4. Contributors. Add any team member to your project to make sure they receive notifications when any change is made on the project. This helps all of your team know what is going on as you work to finish your project on time.
Our Marketing team uses CoSchedule to manage everything they do. For example, even though CoSchedule does not currently integrate with any email management system (Coming Soon) this is how we manage our email campaigns to make sure they stay on schedule.
1. Create Copy. CoSchedule is all about getting content out. If our team is not working on a blog post, we are working on different ways to promote it. Using the text editor inside of the content, you can create email copy, add testimonials, track notes, and enter images and videos. For this specific email campaign, Kathryn is working with the team to create an email campaign to send out to our customers for the new year.
2. Team Workflow. Our team lives by Tasks and Notifications. Using a task template, we save time by applying the template and following it for every email campaign. This helps our team create consistency. Need to add another task that is not on the template? No problem. You can continue to add tasks after you apply a template. While our team is working with tasks, we are adding comments to follow along with the tasks. Check out Kathryn and Ashton's conversation for creating images inside of this project.
This is just a quick conversation about editing graphics for this email campaign, but creating a conversation that compliments your tasks can keep your team all on the same page when working on your project.
Manage Calendars on your CoSchedule Dashboard, you will see an orange menu on the left-hand side. This menu bar will show you all of the calendars you have connected to CoSchedule. To access your CoSchedule account settings, click on your name in the top-left hand corner then click Email Notifications.
The Notifications area of your CoSchedule Dashboard is where you will see comments, tasks, and other activity on posts that you are following or are the author of. A click on an item will open the calendar and the post in question and allow you to add comments or edit as needed.
You can mark all notifications as viewed if you prefer; they will be removed the next time you access the dashboard. Otherwise, clicking on them will mark them as viewed individually.
The My Upcoming Posts And Content area shows you what posts you have to write in the immediate future. These posts will be color-coded so that you can see which blogs the posts belong to.
Clicking on the post title allows you to open the post on the calendar to make adjustments as needed.
Top Posts uses social sharing analytics to display the five posts that have been shared the most. With the drop-down menu, you can sort the list by All Time (default), Most Recent and Just Mine.
The My Tasks area shows your current unfinished tasks, organized according to their due date. You can mark a task as completed here, or on the post. You can click on the post title to open it on the calendar to further make adjustments if necessary. All task activity, whether marked as completed here or on the calendar, is synced.
CoSchedule works with some of the most powerful tools to help you manage all of your content.
Google Docs. Write all your content in Google Docs, upload to the calendar and manage the entire project from CoSchedule.Evernote. Turn ideas into real content. Combine your plans from Evernote with a marketing calendar designed to help you execute faster!
WordPress. Create everything in CoSchedule; sync everything to your native blog. Or use the CoSchedule plugin and manage your entire blog process directly in Wordpress.
Chrome Extension. Curate content from around the web without leaving your browser. Download Now
Google Analytics. Track all improvements to your website traffic with GA link tracking and reports!
Headline Analyzer. Score your overall headline quality and rate its ability to result in social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value. Learn More
Wanna learn more about how our Integrations work inside of CoSchedule? Check out here.