Use projects, along with tasks and notifications, to manage all of your marketing projects or events. After you manage the types of projects that appear on your calendar, schedule your first project.
- Create All Projects in CoSchedule
- Invite Your Team to CoSchedule
- How to Pitch CoSchedule To Your Boss
- Manage Tasks and Notifications in the Dashboard
Once a project is created, there are a few things to look at.
1. Content Editor. Choose which type of editor you want to use for this project. The Text Editor helps you create content or notes for your project. Depending on a team member's role, they can manage and edit this project at any time. Upload any type of file to the project using the file editor. Want version tracking? The CoSchedule file editor does it for you. Do you use WordPress, Google Docs, or Evernote? Add any Google Doc or Evernote Note to the specific project to manage.
2. Manage Workflow With Tasks and Task Templates
Your task menu will appear on the right-hand side of your project along with your project comments and contributors.
Click on the New Task field to open the dialogue. Enter the text for your task. You may assign the task to any team member on your calendar or set a finish time for the specific task.
The due date can be relative, meaning that you can select a date based on the publishing of the post (e.g. one day before, a week before, etc.). This way, if the posts are moved on the calendar, the task due date will automatically adjust for the team member. However, you can also select a hard custom date.
Got a workflow you use all the time? Create task templates to apply to your blog posts to save time and streamline your workflow.
3. Comments. Comment and create a conversation for your team as your work through your first project. Any comment made will send a notification to all team members that are added as contributors, to make sure all of your project members are on the same page.
4. Contributors. Add any team member to your project to make sure they receive notifications when any change is made on the project. This helps all of your team know what is going on as you work to finish your project on time.
Want to see how CoSchedule's marketing team works in CoSchedule? Check here.
Manage Calendars on your CoSchedule Dashboard, you will see an orange menu on the left-hand side. This menu bar will show you all of the calendars you have connected to CoSchedule. To access your CoSchedule account settings, click on your name in the top-left hand corner then click Email Notifications.
The Notifications area of your CoSchedule Dashboard is where you will see comments, tasks, and other activity on posts that you are following or are the author of. A click on an item will open the calendar and the post in question and allow you to add comments or edit as needed.
You can mark all notifications as viewed if you prefer; they will be removed the next time you access the dashboard. Otherwise, clicking on them will mark them as viewed individually.
The Upcoming area shows you what posts you have to write in the immediate future. These posts will be color-coded so that you can see which blogs the posts belong to.
Clicking on the post title allows you to open the post on the calendar to make adjustments as needed.
Tasks show your current unfinished tasks, organized according to their due date. You can mark a task as completed here. Click on the task title to open the projects. All task activity, whether marked as completed here or on the calendar is synced.