With Zapier, you are capable of connecting a variety of applications to CoSchedule through Zaps. A Zap is a workflow between two applications. Each Zap consists of a Trigger and an Action. To learn more about Zaps and Zapier, check out What is Zapier?
- Why Would You Use Zapier With CoSchedule?
- Connecting CoSchedule to Zapier
- Creating Your First Zap
- Create a Zap with CoSchedule as the Trigger
- Create a Zap with CoSchedule as the Action
- Example Zapier Integrations
Zapier provides easy automation for busy people. It moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. Zapier was made for do-it-yourself automation. It works around the concepts of Triggers and Actions, meaning if something happens over here (the Trigger) then something should happen over there (the Action).
Working together with CoSchedule, Zapier can help you automatically create items on your calendar or, conversely, send information elsewhere when something happens on your CoSchedule calendar.
To begin, go to your calendar’s Settings > Integrations page. Click Add Integration.
Locate Zapier on the list and click Enable. Then click Copy to save the API Key to your clipboard. You will need this key when connecting CoSchedule inside of Zapier.
Then go to Zapier's website. Once logged in, click the drop-down next to your profile. Then click Settings.
When Settings opens, click Connected Accounts. On the My Connected Accounts page, search for "CoSchedule." Once found, click to connect your account.
The next page will prompt you to paste your API Key. If you ever need to access your API Key, you can do so inside of your CoSchedule calendar’s Settings > Integrations page.
Paste your API key then click Yes, Continue.
Your CoSchedule calendar is now connected to Zapier. Click on Test to check if Zapier is correctly connecting to your CoSchedule calendar.
A zap connects two applications together. There are parts of a zap; a Trigger and Action. To create a zap, start by clicking Make a Zap! near the top of Zapier's home screen.
There are two ways to use CoSchedule with Zapier:
- A trigger in CoSchedule performs an action in another app
- A trigger in another app performs an action in CoSchedule
Click Choose App and search CoSchedule.
Next, choose your Trigger. After choosing, click Continue. CoSchedule's current Zapier Triggers include:
- New Project - Triggers when a new project is created.
- New Task - Triggers when a new task is created.
- New Marketing Campaign - Triggers when a new marketing campaign is created.
- New Event - Triggers when a new event is created.
- New Message - Triggers when a new message is created.
Once you click Continue, set up the Options for your trigger. On the next screen, test the Zap and click Create & Continue. You have set up CoSchedule as the Trigger. Next, you will select an action app for your zap.
Once you have created your Trigger, it is time to create your Action.
Click Choose App and search CoSchedule.
Next, choose your action and click Continue. CoSchedule's current Zapier Actions include:
- Create Project- Create a project and add it to your calendar OR your unscheduled workboard.
- Create Marketing Campaign - Create a Marketing Campaign and add it to your calendar.
- Create Task - Create a task and add it to your calendar.
- Create Social Message - Create a Social Message and add it to your calendar.
- Create Event - Create an Event and add it to your calendar.
The next page will prompt you to choose which CoSchedule calendar you want to work with. Choose the Calendar and click Save + Continue.
The "Set Up Template" page will be where you choose all of the information you want to be added to your Zap. Once you have completed the template, click Continue.
On the next screen, test the Zap and click Create & Continue. Depending on the application you chose for your Trigger, your Zap may update instantly or every 5-15 minutes.