Some social networks have their own publishing limits which may affect how often you can publish to their network.
LinkedIn has limits on how many messages can be published on their network per day on each user account.
- Company Shares: 20
- Personal Shares: 25
LinkedIn also has limits on how many characters and words can be used.
- LinkedIn Status Update: Up to 1300 characters
Tumblr has limits on how many messages and images can be published on their network per day on each user account.
- Daily limit for all posts and reblogs: 250
- Daily limit to upload photo posts: 150
- Twitter has limits on how many messages can be published on their network. 2,400 per day. The daily update limit is further broken down into smaller limits for semi-hourly intervals. Retweets are counted as Tweets.
- Character limit: 280 characters
Titles inside of Facebook's Link-Type posts: Up to 100 characters
Status Update: Up to 63,206 characters.
Pinterest has a character limit set at 500 for captions. Pinterest also sets a limit for each account to the following below:
- Boards: 500
- Pins: 200,000
- Likes: 100,000
- Pinners: 50,000
Instagram's character limit is 2200 per post. Instagram also limits each post to 5 mention names and 30 hashtags. If your social message goes over this limit, Instagram will strip all of the text after publishing.