So What is CoSchedule?
CoSchedule is an easy drag-and-drop marketing calendar that allows you to plan, create, and promote your projects all in one place. It saves you time and helps you grow your audience through smart marketing plans and efficient team collaboration.
1. Learn Your New Calendar
The first thing to learn about your new CoSchedule calendar is the basic features that show up on your calendar view.
1. Main Menu: To manage your notifications or tasks go to the Dashboard. This is also where you will create and manage Saved Calendar Views. This menu will also contain ReQueue, Analytics, and Settings.
2. Date Navigation: Choose specific date frames chosen through your Calendar Settings or specific months.
3. Calendar Search: Search for any project inside of your calendar. Find old or specific projects with advanced search.
4. Read-Only Views: Create and share read-only views of your calendar.
5. Create Projects: Create projects or social campaigns on your calendar. Know a specific date you want to schedule a new projects on? Hover over that date and the + will appear to schedule any of your projects.
6. Workboard: Work with unscheduled drafts in CoSchedule is easy. Do not have a day set for a specific project you need to start working on? You can start planning it inside the Workboard.
7. Scheduled Projects: All scheduled projects will show up like this on your calendar. Hover-over any project to see a quick preview or drag-and-drop projects to another day to easily reschedule.
2. Contribute to Projects
CoSchedule projects are where everything happens. Here you are able to work on projects or social campaigns with your teammates. If no one on your team has added any project to the calendar, scheduling your first project is easy. Learn all about CoSchedule Attachment options, you can have multiple attachments in any project to help you keep everything organized in one place.
3. Add or Complete Tasks
Click on the New Task field to open the dialogue. Enter the text for your task. Click Schedule or Assign to assign any team member or scheduled task time.
The due date will be relative, meaning that you can select a date based on the publishing of the post (e.g. one day before, a week before, etc.). If a project's scheduled date is moved on the calendar, the task due date will automatically adjust. However, you can also select a custom date, which is a hard date. That means that the date never changes any matter how the post is moved on the calendar.
Build a constant workflow with task templates to apply to your blog posts to save time and streamline your workflow.
Team members will be notified of tasks.
Team members are only notified of a task if it is assigned to them. Task notifications will be sent to the team member's email and will show up in their Dashboard.
4. Start a Conversation
Click into the comment field, type a comment, and click the Add Comment button. To attach any file, click . After adding a comment, anyone that is contributing to the project will receive a notification inside of CoSchedule. To delete or edit any comment, hover over the comment and click the Pencil or "X."
5. Manage Your Workflow with the Dashboard
The Dashboard will be your control room to help you manage all of your tasks and notifications.
The Notifications area of the Dashboard is where you will see unseen comments, tasks, and other activity on posts that you are contributing to. A click on an item will open the project and allow you to add comments or edit as needed. To clear all notifications, click Mark All As Viewed.
The My Tasks area shows your current tasks, organized according to their due date. You can mark a task as completed here, or on the post. You can click on the post title to open it on the calendar to further make adjustments if necessary. All task activity, whether marked as completed here or on the calendar, is synced.
New Team Member Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add my profile image inside of CoSchedule?
Why am I not able to see any projects?
If you are not able to see any projects on your calendar, check with an admin on your team to see what your team role is on your CoSchedule calendar. Users, Admins, Managers, and Owners are able to see everything on the calendar but Guests will have to be added as a contributor to view or edit projects.
We've made tasks but I'm not seeing any show up on my calendar? Why is that?
Tasks connected to projects will only show up on the calendar if it is assigned to a specific time. Tasks that are assigned to a specific team member will only show up for that specific user. Tasks that aren't assigned a time or user will only show up within the project. For more information, check out this article on tasks.
How do I send a comment to a specific user?
To mention any of your team members in discussions, type @ then search or type their name. Learn more about project discussions here.
I'm receiving too many emails. How do I manage my email settings?