You are no longer able to connect personal Facebook Profiles to CoSchedule due to Facebook depreciating the permission that grants third party applications access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. You can review the information posted by Facebook for more details. Due to this change you will not be able to connect personal Facebook Profiles to CoSchedule as of July 13, 2018. Additionally, you will no longer be able to schedule social messages to your previously connected personal Facebook Profiles in CoSchedule as of August 1, 2018. Facebook Pages and Groups will continue to be supported.
- Timeline And Details Regarding Changes
- Consider Converting Your Facebook Personal Profile to a Facebook Page
July 13, 2018:
- You will no longer be able to connect new personal Facebook Profiles to CoSchedule.
- You can continue to schedule social messages in CoSchedule with your previously connected Facebook Profiles and they will post as expected until August 1, 2018.
- Connecting Facebook Pages and Groups will continue to be supported.
July 31, 2018 (end of day at 12:00 a.m. GMT):
- You will no longer be able to schedule new social messages to your personal Facebook Profiles in CoSchedule.
- Any social messages that were already scheduled on your calendar for or after August 1, including those scheduled by ReQueue, will remain on your calendar but will not send. This will allow you to go into these messages on your calendar and reschedule to a Facebook Page or another supported profile.
- Scheduling new social messages to Facebook Pages and Groups will continue to be supported.
In addition to CoSchedule continuing to support Facebook Pages, there are other benefits to converting your personal Facebook Profile to a Page. Learn more about these benefits and how to do this.
Once you have converted your Facebook Profile to a Page you will need to connect the new Page to CoSchedule. To do this go to Settings > Social Profiles and connect your new Page to CoSchedule.
- When connecting your Facebook Page to CoSchedule you may be prompted to authorize with your Personal Profile. This process will not affect your Personal Profile, it will simply allow you to select the Facebook Page(s) you wish to connect to CoSchedule.
- Your newly connected Facebook Page will be treated as any new profile in CoSchedule. The social analytics associated with your converted Facebook Profile will not transfer to your new Page.